Dating

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MONOPOLY

I have a very difficult mil.

Initially when we were staying together after marriage, she gave me instructions like I am not suppose to wash my undies with the men cos it's bad luck. I was told to wash them separately in the bathroom..... to which i later discovered that my fil wash her undies for her...... It was also then that i find that there was no peace when i go back to Seremban forthnightly with hubi. I managed to deal with it by separating with hubi. I go back to Seremban ALONE...... and it had since been like that for the past 5 years. Thinking back, hubi only gets to come back to Seremban on 2 special occassions i.e. CNY and Christmas. Apart from these days, if hubi were to come it will trigger some uneasiness.

This year, mil has bring her trantrum a notch higher. On the very first day of CNY, she made a great big fuss over tea ceremony. It is our usual custom to serve tea to my in-laws to get ang pow. When hubi serve her her tea, she started scolding incessantly. It made all of us walking on thin ice and egg-shells. I was very much relieved when the next day came for us to go back to Seremban. (dil gets to go back to their home on 2nd day of CNY). I refuse to go back to my in-laws when hubi was to return after staying 2 days. But...... i had to return to see my in-laws to celebrate the end of CNY on day 15........ to which there was another major outburst.

Chinese people have a saying that 'You do Day 1, I'll do Day 15'. My mil has done it for both days.

Just over the recent weekend, there was another outburst. Seemingly that day was KuanYin Dan (i hv no idea wat sort of day it is but it's something religious). Mil was majorly angry with fil. A big quarrel ensued and breakfast was split into 2 groups. I decided not to go brekkie with mil..... and stayed with fil. I think he took comfort in it. While hubi goes off with mil for brekkie in a nearby vegetarian shop. That night, fil came and stayed with us in our home in Bukit Jalil.

At the rate that things are going, I wonder if i would keep my sanity.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oH GOD, HOW u tahan ur MIL

I think a lot of dil cannot get along with their mil especially if the mil this her only son belongs to her.
Dang!!!

Ask her go 'chiak sai' can ar? kakaka