Dating

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Siang-ed Fish

We had been eating fish fillet whenever I cooked fish. Mainly because most of the whole fish on sale are rather big and the two of us can't finish. Today, I saw 1 that is of medium sized and it looked like (unfortunately, it is not. Wrong identification :( ) hubi's favourite fish. Without thinking, I took the fish and happily went home with it. O'goody, we are having a whole fish for dinner tonite.



Upon reaching home, I clear up the grocery and then it hit me.....


"Sien, u r in deep trouble! This fish need to be cleaned and you have never ever cut open a fish!"


"Nah... I have seen mumsie done it a million times. It's not that difficult, right!"


First, I need to clean out the scales. Now, where is the scales remover? There is NO SCALE REMOVER in this apartment. It is not a given item. Okaaaay.... i could go down to Cold Storage and get one. But to pay in S$??? I'm in Kiasuland! I had to be kiasu!!

Let's improvise. I could use the knives, rite! I just need to be wee tad careful, that's all. Presto!! I did it! The scales are removed and it is quite easy.


Next, to remove d inlets n d gills.... Ewww....... gross.


I didn't know how hard to cut d fish. First cut didn't even leave a mark. Okay... now let's cut with a little more strenght. Still, it didn't even "injure" that fish. That fish is thick-skinned!!!!!


Okay, dun care!!! Over cut... over cut la. Naik angin adi.... See people do sooo... easy. Maybe I dun have killer instinct. Maybe I am a lemah-lembut kinda person. Haha.... me? lemah-lembut? Gotta be kidding me.... If I dun get it this time, my name is not Ah-Sien!!!!!!!!

And so, the third cut did it and whatever is inside the fish's stomach all terabur keluar..... ewww...... plus super ewww.......

I clean it up and I have a fish.... a whole fish fit for frying for dinner. Ta-daa...



Milk Fish after being siang-ed

No comments: