Tadaa.... I'm back again.....
Ok..Ok.. stop throwing those tomatoes n rotten fruits....
I know I have long abandoned this blog.... been trying to revive but blame it on pure laziness.... As I always say there is NO CURE FOR LAZY PEOPLE (fullstop).
Anyways, the recent Great Singapore Sale is on and also Malaysians get to enjoy 50% on attractions. Today, we went on a 'touring spree' with hubi's ex-secretary(JW), who was visiting with her hubi and their 3 kiddos.
First stop, Singapore Flyer. Upon arrival, we were so busy with the tickets discounts and queries, I totally forgot about the Singtel promotion. Dang!!!!! It was said that the first 500 customer who flashes their handphone using Singtel, would get FREE rides. Double DANG!!!
Reason we were so busy with the tickets queries and discounts was because.... my nincompoop hubi didn't wanna listen to his smart, intelectual wifey. I have earlier informed hubi about the great discount and that we can pay in Ringgit on those attractions..... provided we enter Singapore with a disembarkation card. NOT WITH THE PERMIT!!!!! But hubi INSISTED to enter with the permit. His reason, he was afraid that it would be very ma-fan(hassle). What hassle???!! What's so difficult to just fill in the disembarkation form?? Men... I tell you.. *shakes head*
Husbands, please... please... listen to your wife. There is a Chinese saying that goes something like 'If you do not listen to your wife, you would not be properous'.
So, we let JW settle her tickets first and when it was our turn, we just wave-wave our passports and the counter girl fell for it thinking we got our white cards as well and we got to enter at half price. We paid in Sing though. Haha....
Luckily it was quite a clear day and we can see rather far. We even saw Batam Island (PCK, anyone??). Mental note: Must get hubi to bring me to that island one day.... Let's see when that 'One Day' would come... teehee.... I will not elaborate on the view. I would say it is quite worth the ticket value provided with the 50% discount. Nyah-na-nah.....
The ride took about an hour and after the ride, we took the lift down to the lobby. This is what the title was all about. Wrong move. We got stuck in that lift. It was pitch dark and I can't even see my own hand. Even my handphone, which was rather bright (I thought) in the cinema couldn't even 'beam' enough light. It barely shine enough light to locate the alarm buzzer.
I was thinking to myself, how long would help come to us. We would probably be stuck here for at least half an hour. Surprise!! Surprise!! When I pressed the alarm, IMMEDIATELY we heard a friendly voice over the intercom asking us what seemed to be the problem. We told the man that we are stuck in the lift with no lights on. He assured us that his men are on their way and asked us which floor are we located. We looked at the screen and informed the man that we are in between Level 2 and Level 1. Next question that came along was if we have any children with us. Before we could even answer that question, the lift door opened. It didn't take them 5 minutes to get us out of the lift.
We were still standing around like dungus, rather blur and quite surprised at their efficiency. Well, at least, I was the dungu who still stood there rather blur and quite surprised at their efficiency. When we stepped out, they apologize frantically and asked us if we are ok. Unfortunately, they didn't offer us a drink to calm the nerves.
Y'know what, I should have been a bit of a drama queen and pretend fainting or something and maybe they might just offer us some free lunch or drinks. Sigh....
Then, a thought passed, if the same scenario were to happen in my home country, would I be saved in such a short time??? Well, fellow Malaysians, please comment.
Colours of sunrise
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment