Dating

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Volvo Ocean Race

Way back in January, I had the opportunity to visit the prestigious Volvo Ocean Race. It was held in Sentosa Island, Singapore. Thanks to two very influential people, I get to hang out and enjoy back stage privilege – my big brother and my hubi.


Actually, hubi gave me more privilege as being his wife; I get to have a pass on my own. I get to hang out in their booth which has a mock interior of a boat – the very same that they live and sail in.



I get to enjoy the cool aircon and super high-class portable toilet which is air-conditioned. Talk about luxury! You even get to see a short documentary while waiting AND during your business deals. I would have wanted to take a photo of the toilet but... paiseh (shy)... they were a few ang-mohs (westerners) around.

Oh, I mustn’t forget... it was also one of my lucky day as a taxi driver gave me the most pricey present. An OAKLEY sunglasses! Someone left it behind and a happen to sit on it. Pity the guy who was so careless...



I tried on their grinder challenge! It was tiresome but fun. Here’s a short video that hubi took... but the nincompoop forgot to set the resolution and ended with the low-res video.... Sigh.......



In case any of you wanna follow the ocean race, you can log on to http://www.volvooceanrace.org/.