Dating

Saturday, July 25, 2009

All Government Offices ARE THE SAME

Hujan Emas Di Negara Orang, Hujan Batu Di Negara Sendiri. So NOT true!

When we first arrive in Singapore, I was quite amazed by the efficiency and effectiveness of the Singapore Govt offices. Our permits were done and delivered as on the promised date. Our transfer of utility bill and tenancy agreement was done with no hassle and even their banks were most helpful. We manage to waltz into the bank and open an account in less than 5 minutes.

So, when this time round, when we were asked to go the MoM (Ministry of Manpower) on our own to get our permits renewed, we didn't fret over the hassle. Who would have thought that you'd face inconveniences when all these while it has been so efficient and effective. We have our complete documents, instructions and we were to prepare a passport-sized photo.

Nincompoop hubi, left his stack of photos back in Malaysia. I wonder why does he like to keep EVERYTHING in Malaysia??? I had my passport photo kept in my purse for emergencies just like this. Ain't I the smart one! *do the proud look* *bravo, bravo* *clap, clap, clap*

Happily, we went to the MoM Office the next morning. Hubi had to have his picture taken, of course. They do provide a photography studio at the MoM office. How convenient. =D

When we submit in our document for processing, the girl behind the counter told me, "Miss R, you got another photo, R? This one cannot use R cos the background is blue. We need it white so tat we can scan it into the computer. Otherwise blah blah blah blah blah......."

What the???!!! You said passport-sized photograph. You din say nothing specific about the passport photo. It's a passport-photo. I thought it is internationally standardized!!!

What to do.... kena liao! I had to have my picture taken at the MoM photograph shop and pay S$6 for 4 pieces of passport-sized with WHITE BACKGROUND as required by the Singapore Government Office. Cilakak!! *scolds the most vulgar words that has never been heard before*

So, lesson of the day is ALL GOVERNMENT OFFICES AROUND THE WORLD ARE THE SAME. They will somehow make you pay $$$$$ to their appointed agent to squeeze money outta ya. Or else how government office want to survive wor...



Oh, btw, can u urm.... forget about the part where I had copies of my photo in my purse..... Just scratch that, ok..... That'll be great...... *quickly hide face and shy away*

No comments: