Dating

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1st Anniversary

Today marks my first anniversary.

We went celebrating our first anniversary at Lobsterman in SS2 behind Sri Siam Restaurant. Nice cosy place and good food too. Love the lobsters there. It is a good place for a romantic dinner but a little pricey for me.... though some say that it is quite cheap. I dunno....

To start off, I remembered that hubby almost get on my nerve at least once a week. Looking back, I have no idea why did I get angry over a lot of mini minor things. Hubby had been very patient with me and tried explaining to me not to get upset with him over trival matters. Glad to say, I have now learn to control my temper more and we don't argue that much though he STILL gets on my nerves every now and then. Hehehe.... If he is reading this, I'll bet my last dollar that he'll come home and tell me "Ya lor".

Before marriage, hubby had promised me that he will bring me to overseas holidays at least once a year and a monthly local getaway that I fancy. As overseas trips goes, he had brought me to Hong Kong. He went there for a conference and I got the opportunity to tag along and went shopping on my own during the day. Then he went off to Bangladesh in which he forbade me to tag along due to my safety. However, our monthly local holiday nights went sneeking by. We didn't get to spend much overnights in local hotels cos I was too busy going back to mumsie's. There were plenty of promises made by us before marriages and most of it wasn't materialised mainly because those promises were made primarily with fantasy. They are not practical such as the promise of local holiday on a monthly basis. How naive we were then.

We have also renovated our little apartment intending it to be our getaway space. We set up our little room. We've got a bed and cupboard (his ex-furniture). The kitchen had got a stove, refrigerator and a washing machine (curtesy of Ah Yi). We went on a shopping spree to Ikea and got some shelves and other stuffs to make the little aprtment more homey. It was great! And now, it was rented out to a friend. Good thing that it was rented out to a friend. We still get to go to that apartment to enjoy the facilities and hang out.

To hubby, HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY. You have taught me a lot and indeed I wouldn't be who I am today without you irritating me a year ago. We still have another 67 years of irritating each other, right?

No comments: