Dating

Friday, January 25, 2008

Don't Fool with Ah-Sien

TWO days ago the Indians celebrate Thaipusam and I celebrate an emergence of a new era... The era of Ah-Sien.... not so a timid daughter-in-law in the eyes of my MIL.

It began as a normal morning where I had to wake up early as usual although I don't have to rush off to work. I got myself ready and hubi went off early to send his 2nd wife for service. MIL & FIL decided not to join us for brekky and left for shopping to Mid Valley. I went to pick up hubi and off we go for our breakfast. After eating, hubi took my 2nd husband for a bath while I go back home. When ILs were back, the 2 of us went out for lunch and it was a perfect normal day until when we came back from dinner......

This is what the whole story is all about. After dinner, I sauntered into my room as usual for a lazy night. Hubi is out reading his paper when lo and behold MIL showed him her recent purchase of a new pair of pants for CNY. Hubi had always been very much against his mum to buy him pants. They are either always wrong size or wrong fashion sense. This time it is wrong size. So, hubi tried again to convince his mum not to buy again. To which, MIL went into a fury saying that she had been buying him pants every year and how could she know that he suddenly lost weight. Lost 2 sizes down!!! Hubi went on defensive and told her that is the reason why he doesn't like her to buy cos it always doesn't fit. MIL was furious and they both were at each other's neck and bawled for the world to know. Naturally, MIL's voice was booming high and hubi is not about to retreat. It went on for about 5 or 10 minutes and I was feeling the preassure building up. The final action that trigerred this little timid fellow was when MIL slammed her room door to show her anger. This is it. That's the final straw. I can't take it anymore.

I opened my room door and stood right in between them. To my hubi, with a stern voice, I said, "Enough". Hubi went quiet. MIL, thinking that I'm backing her up rattled on. She didn't see it coming when I turned round and said with the same stern voice "Mother, kau chor (enough)". She went quiet for a split second and bit back "Ngo chow hai mm kau (It is not enough). I was not about to give up yet. "Hou, mm kau... Lei kong... Kong kau chor chow kuo chor. Ka ha lei kong" (Fine, not enough? Continue... When you have said enough, it is over. Now say what you have to say). Many a times hubi wanted to fire his mum back but every time, I restrained him down. He was very cooperative. MIL was not about to back down and she barked back at me, "Ngo ka ha kau chai, lei mm hou lei. Mm kwan lei si" (I'm now teaching my son, you stay out of it). Hubi was near losing it when he heard that. He nearly pushed me over with his anger and I had to sent him into the room. My respond really hit her hard. All I said was "Kei hai ngo lou kung" (He is my husband).

Looking back now, it was a really, really hard blow to her and with that the whole entire house went quiet. I turned round and went straight into my room with hubi and closed the door. I was quite remorseful over my statement made. Hubi on the other hand was still angry. After a while, the remorseful feeling went and my heart went racing and only then did I feel fear and shaky all over.

And that my frens, was the drama of the year for me.

I apologise to her the next day. Not for what I have said but for the incident to have happened. She was gracious to me and accepted my apology thought that night itself she continue to rag on hubi but this time, she kept her voice down. With that, I let her be and didn't make an appearance.

No comments: