Attended a wedding dinner yesterday. Was the first for this year :D It was one of hubi's staff's wedding and I had to go. The invitation was addressed to "Mr & Ms. CN Tang". Hmmm.... Funny.
Anyway, we got ready and arrived sharp at 7:00pm. Hubi had this thing to arrive punctual though he knows well that the dinner will never be served punctually. It was a matter of principle wor....
Upon arriving, the first thing that I noticed was that the bride was at the entrance and the groom was nowhere in sight. Hmm..... this must be new. I remembered reading the invitation card that this dinner is hosted by the boy's family.... Hokay...... which is more I don't get it. I remembered that during my wedding dinner.... I was hidden in the room for both dinners.....be it my dinner in Seremban or hubi's in PJ. To me, it gave a sense of suspense. No one gets to see the bride till dinnertime. I don't know.... maybe things have changed and bride nowadays are more proactive and to see to guests' arrangements. But then, where the heck is the groom..... is he in da room having his make-up done? Hehe.... I saw him much later and someone commented that the groom was sweating profusely and his palms were dead cold to a handshake. Cold feet perhaps?
As expected, the dinner started rather late..... at about 9pm. Personally, if you asked me, I think they should rename all these Chinese wedding dinners to wedding suppers. I wonder why can't they begin a dinner at a more reasonable dinner time.
Colours of sunrise
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment