Dating

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

For Richer or For Poorer

Hubi had abandoned me again over the last weekend as usual. He had to go teambuilding at Jeram Besu, Pahang and left on Friday. Poor me had to eat dinner alone on Friday night and good thing Aunty Hwei Li came to my rescue and accompanied me to McD. Saturday was Pa's birthday and I had it all planned. I would go back straight after work and mumsie would be making cherry pie and we'll have beef steak and potatoes for dinner with a bottle of Martini. Scrumptious!

Saturday morning came and I got ready for work. I threw my belongings into the car boot and off I went to work. Upon reaching the college compound, I was looking for my favourite spot to park my car - right smack in front of the canteen. Only 7 lots available. I found 1 lot and quickly swerved in. I stayed on in my car listening to the radio; nice topic - He Says, She Says - Women Should Keep Long Hair. The owner of next-door car was rummaging at her back seat. She found whatever she was looking for and slammed the door and walked off. As she turned to walk off, I noticed something fell out. I took a closer look at my side mirror and there - laying on the ground was a RM50 note....

Let her go and I can take it. Finders’ keepers. No one will know. But dang.... Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio' conscience) came whispering in my ear.... "It's not right... That could be her weekly allowance. You wouldn't want that happening to you." So, good girl me gave a light honk at her. She turned around and gave me a glare as if i was trying to hit on her.... Yo! News Flash! I'm happily married with my man, okay! Anyway, I gave her a smile and gestured to her by rubbing my thumb and index finger indicating $$$ and pointed to where it was. She saw her money; gave a light gasp; quickly picked it up and gave me a smile. She didn't even say thank you but I guess, she must have thought that was enough. That was that..... Sigh......

Then we started working - Yes! I do have a job and I do work my butt out but on that day I was pretty restless.... y'know... I'm going home after work.... where d'ya expects me to find the mood to work. Especially when boss is not in. So, we had some fun in da office. Chatting and giggling and having fun. In came Janet (our receptionist). She's a nice lady... in her late 50s. Came in to disturb me.... Her favourite past-time, disturb me in a way to insinuate a colleague she detest. Anyway, I am always good humoured and always allow her to pick on me. She IS an old lady mah..... After she had her peace in saying whatever needed to be poked at that colleague, she walked out and stopped short at the doorway. Turned around and still had a last say. When at that time, my eyes saw her RM5 note dropped out from her pockets. Dejavu!!!!! This time round, I didn't think of taking that money but called Janet and returned her money.

I would have been RM55 richer if I had taken those $$$$$. It could pay for my week's lunch or gotten myself something nice.

Question. Why is it that when a stranger drop $$$, we would not hesitate to take it but when someone we know drops it, we would not even think about taking it?

No comments: