Dating

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Handphones

The day has come. My old handphone gave up on me.

*sob... sob...*

My first handphone that I owned was a Nokia 3210. It had served me well and it was a sturdy phone. After using it for a few years, I decided to get a new phone (Nokia 6510) and gave my old phone to mumsie.

Mum was using 3210 happily until the day came when I was informed that they do not sell its battery anymore. I hunted high and low and got the same answer. I had no choice but to get mum a new one. Luckily, my Prince Charming came into my life and I basically demanded that he gave me his spare extra phone. The Nokia 6230i. And so, I owned my 3rd phone and gave up my 6510 to mumsie. Again, mumsie had to use a hand-me-down.

*opps... shy... shy...*

That was 3 years ago.....

Recently, I got mumsie a new phone after all the hand-me-downs.

*feel bad lar.....*

I hunted for one that is old people friendly with big screen and big buttons and not complicated and big font. And so, on Mother's Day, which also collides with her birthday, I got her the Nokia 2630. Mumsie finally owns a brand new phone. So happy..... As usual, mumsie grumbles why didn't I just give her my old phone again and buy a new one for myself. Exactly how an old lady would react.... *sigh*

I told mumsie that my phone is old and is not functioning well, just to get her off my back. *Mum, if you are reading this, dun get angry, K*

A month plus later, my sturdy, reliable Nokia 6230i went kaput. The mouth-piece went haywire. People can't hear me well.

Its time to start treating hubi well. I'll need him to get me a new toy.

No comments: