Dating

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Freedom

Today is finally my last day of work.

Last year I have signed a "sell-my-soul-to-the-devil" contract for a year. It was a bad deal but I couldn't be care less as I was going through an emotional turmoil. I have just gotten married for half a year then and as any normal married life, there were teething problems. I grab watever that came my way to make my life difficult as punishment to hubi. Looking back now, things were not as bad as it seemed. I have made many new friends and much joy in my work, along with the downside. I guess it is part and parcel of life.

Part of me is rather eager to leave and join hubi in Singapore, where we will start a fresh chapter in life. On the other hand, I kinda mm-sae-tak (don't have the heart) to leave the friendship that I have built with my colleagues and lou-chin-puis (bosses).

When I left my ex-company which I spent more than 8 years working there, I left with a very heavy heart. I told myself that I will never ever get close to any colleagues and my relationship with any new company will be strictly professional. No more being caring and all that mushy-mushy stuff. I found that, it is easier said than done. I left with a few feeling 'good riddance' to me. Some were sad. I even made someone cried - I shall not say who. You know who you are and you are the one that I shall miss dearly. Whoi!! Remember to invite me when u get married hokay.....

On the other hand, I am ecstatic that I dun have to do stupid redundant reports and face idiotic, nincompoop corporate staffs. One fellow was horrible enough to make a powerpoint presentation that actually made me shed tears. I'm gonna chop her fingers off. Not five but all ten of it. Previously, she escaped with reasons for her five fingers:

Thumb - to say u r gud
Index Finger - to poke on people's back
Middle Finger - to send regards to your mum
Ring Finger - to put on a wedding ring
Pinky - to pick nose

That girl is a real funny girl.... by the way, she's a movie-holic.

As a last day here, this company have a culture to do an exit interview. If you are to leave, you must filled up an interview form which asks you 15 ridiculous questions. Review the questions yourself and have a good laugh over it. There is one that particularly tickled me silly.... what a question:

*click on pic to enlarge

1 comment:

Kathy Quek said...

aloha~ u left the devil's cage and leave me all alone?! Hahhahha... joking la... so u'll be starting your new life in S'pore? Orchard road... near my aunty's place. Shall pay u a visit if so.