I was getting my routine up and was planning to go for some adventure on my own. Was having this idea that I will go out to hunt for a wet market in the suburbs where prices will be much cheaper and I could get more yummy goodies.... when the agent send his underling to knock on my door at 4pm yesterday.
Underling: Ma'am, you need to move out of this unit by tomorrow.
Me: What?! Why don't you come and tell me tomorrow? What's the hurry?
Underling: Urm... we need to do renovation on this unit. The people will come tomorrow.
Me: Which unit will we be moving into?
Underling: Dunno.
Me: Will you please go and check and let me know.
Immediately I sms-ed hubi. "They want us OUT by tomolo!".
When hubi came home, I told hubi that I refused to pack. They are not going to have this unit right after I have clean up everything including washing their curtains. At the very least let me enjoy it till the weekend. At the same time, we were cooking up Plan B. We are putting up a fight. No way he is getting it easy. We will want to view and inspect the new unit. The new unit will be thoroughly cleaned and there will be no more disturbance from them and no more moving us to another unit unless the unit that we are moving into is not up to our satisfaction.
%$@*$&^%^!%@*^#%@$!"#^#%'&@%#$!"#*$&$%@&
The next morning, hubi relates the whole story-mory to his secretary. She was furious to learn of the trouble we went through. She informed us that they had just signed the tenancy agreement and therefore we were basically..... KICKED OUT. However, the secretary says that the check has not been issued. We will hold their $$$ until we find the new unit is satisfactory. To top it off, this will be their last business deal with the Company. No more dealings.
Initially, I was rather depressed. I didn't want to pack at all but then WHAT IF questions came. And so, I spend that morning doing partial packing. I took out our travelling bags and pack up the bedroom stuffs.
By 11am, the agent came personally and did a routine of apologizing. This time, it was because a tenant is moving in and therefore we need to vacate. I was pretty smug and said with a smile "No need to apologise. I understand your position. Your impression has been made and I'm very impressed".
Sarcastic? You bet.
Hubi made a trip back from work to have a look at the new unit. There was a gang doing the clean up. At least half dozen of poor scapegoats made to clean up the new unit. We basically did the "finger test" on everything. Swiping everything with our finger. This time, it was all well cleaned. The place is pretty cosy and comfortable too.
And so, we move in. By 4pm, our stuffs were shifted from Unit #06-53 to Unit #05-64.... and I ended up unpacking and re-arranging.
Layout of the new 1-room unit:



No comments:
Post a Comment